Chi-Cheemaun Festival Weekend
4th Annual Tobermory Cardboard Boat Race
Boat Building Materials:
1. Oars and paddles are permitted SOLELY for the purpose of propelling the boat.
2. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST WEAR A PROPER PDF VEST/JACKET.
3. Alcohol is PROHIBITED in boats during the race.
4. Each boat must have a name.
5. No restrictions are placed on decorative materials, as long as they do not aid in the floatation or propulsion of the boat and do not create a safety hazard and are not environmentally harmful.
6. All boating participants 12 years of age and under, must have an adult present.
7. All boats will be inspected before the race by the judges. Any boat NOT following these guidelines will be disqualified.
8. Safety comes first, with no exception to this rule.
1) All boats must arrive at Little Tub Harbour at least an hour prior on the day of the race.
2) Boats must be registered and inspected prior to the race.
3) The race format will be determined by the number of entries.
4) Unload your boat in the display area. After unloading, please move your vehicle to a parking lot.
5) All crew members must register on race day. Boats will NOT be allowed to race without a signed agreement for each race participant.
6) Once a boat has been announced, the captain/crew will have 2 minutes to bring their boat to the starting area
7) Boats will be lowered into the water by the crew and will wait at the starting line until the signal to start is given.
8) A completed run consists of one lap (down and back) to the dock.
9) At the end of the races, each crew/captain will be responsible for the removal of the boat from the water/harbour and any debris that may have broken off in the water.
10) Judges make the final decision on all awards and disqualifications.
Copyright © 2012 Tobermory Chamber of Commerce